• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secotelli
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2002

compressibility check & size problem.. really need help..PLEASEEEE

i have 2 problems that i really need help about..

1- when i try to make compressibility check, at the end it says "failed".. what should i do to be able to do this check correct??

2-after i finish everything, what i get is the file which is always at most 300 MB. although i choose the file to be 700 MB, i get 200 something always.. where do i do wrong??

if you help me my these 2 problems, i will really be so glad..
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Reinstall divx5.02
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• secotelli
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Dec 2002

doesn't help...

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Post your *_gknot.log file

Comment

• secotelli
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Dec 2002

IT HELPED!! Thank you a lot my friend.. I said it doesnt help before, coz what I had was not DivX 5.02..
          I downloaded it and had no problem..

but I have 1 more question if you let me ask..

Although my movie was 1:36 min long, I could just make it in 2 CDs. and that had 544x288.. and it was 6%0 (compressibility). but i see many movies around which is 1 CD and resolution is something like 640x... . how can that be?? i tried some after compressibility check and if i make 1 CD, I could just go over %45 when resolution is 3..x.. something... although it was a short movie..(btw movie was Tigerland.. but i deleted all files but avi after I encoded it, cause I had no more space in my harddisk..) on the guide i used, it says between %45 - %65 is the best.. another guide says %60-%80 is best.. which one i shall trust? and how can I make good quality movie with good resolution in 1 CD like people do??

Thank you for your interest.. really.. I owe you a favour..

Comment

• khp
            The Other
            • Nov 2001

Originally posted by secotelli

IT HELPED!!
            I thougth it would, you other message did not make much sense to me.

but I have 1 more question if you let me ask..
            Ask away, we don't have quota system around here.

Although my movie was 1:36 min long, I could just make it in 2 CDs. and that had 544x288.. and it was 6%0 (compressibility). but i see many movies around which is 1 CD and resolution is something like 640x... . how can that be??
            What can I say, no two movies are alike. Some compress better than others. As I recall most of the TigerLand movie takes place in the forest which is naturally rather difficult to encode.
            But of course some noise reduction might also make the movie more compressable.

on the guide i used, it says between %45 - %65 is the best.. another guide says %60-%80 is best.. which one i shall trust?
            That is a matter of taste. Naturally higher % means better quality, but of course at some point the resolution just becomes too small to be worth it.
            For movies that contain lots of action 45% might be quite alright. But for movies with very little action you shoud definetly aim for higher values.

and how can I make good quality movie with good resolution in 1 CD like people do??
            This thread explain some of the measures that you can take to get the best possible quality

Talk about the AVI file container, and the Divx/Xvid codecs that are most commonly found in AVI files

Comment

• secotelli
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Dec 2002

I really don't know how to thank you man....

just THANKS A LOT!!

DANKE!

MERCI!

TESEKKÃœRLER!

Comment

Working...