How do I find out how my movie was encoded ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan_vegas
    • Jan 2003

How do I find out how my movie was encoded ?

I have a KISS DP-450 and would like to find out what how my Divx movies were encoded with before I burn them to disc as the player does not support GMC or Q-Pel encoding methods.

I tried to use GSpot, but could not find any indication if these features were used.

Any ideas ??
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

AFAIK the only way to figure that out is to try playing the movie with a codec that does not work with these features. Like onl version of XVID or DivX4.

When you have one of these installed, you can then use Graphedit to test the movies. Drag the file on to the Graphedit window, delete what ever codec Graphedit selected for you and insert XVID or DivX4 instead.

But remember that divx3.11 encodings won't work at all on the DP-450 even though they might play using XVID or DivX4.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• dan_vegas
      • Jan 2003

thanks for your input, I know about the divx3.11 issues, and will re-encode the films I wanna watch to xvid or 5.02

I just wanted to find out if the recent xvids I have got hold of use GMC or QPEL without burning them to cd-r to test on player.

thanks

Comment

Working...