Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cole
    • Jun 2002

GKnot expert about the audio part

Hi guys...i'm trying to understand the audio part in GKnot. i have read many, many guide thread and more and i still dont get it. in GKnot under the tab bitrate for audio A you can choose witch bitrate or you can select the one DVD2AVI just made witch one should i go for?
    the other thing is i read that its better tu use the 2 chanel than the 5.1 dolby its smaller and the mp3 does not play surround . where and how do i do that (i want the best sound possible)
    and one last thing still in GKnot at the end in the save & encode place the audio bit some say click the JUST MUX or other says MP3 and enter the bitrate and there's the expert one ????
    hope some expert will be able to give me some answer.
    thank you
    cole.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

the mp3 does not play surround
    that works very well for me

still i consider OGG the best choice for the time being

you gotta be more specific and let us know exactly WHAT kind of audio stream you want otherwise expecting any useful input on this might be asked a little to much

what did you try, what went wrong?

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

Re: GKnot expert about the audio part

Originally posted by cole
      Hi guys...i'm trying to understand the audio part in GKnot. i have read many, many guide thread and more and i still dont get it. in GKnot under the tab bitrate for audio A you can choose witch bitrate or you can select the one DVD2AVI just made witch one should i go for?
      That is your choice.

the other thing is i read that its better tu use the 2 chanel than the 5.1 dolby its smaller and the mp3 does not play surround . where and how do i do that (i want the best sound possible)
      The file name will tell you how many channels the file contains, and what the bitrate is. But to makes sure, you got the stream you want, you have manually check each file. The easiest way to do that is to install an AC3 decoder filter and try playing the file in wmp.

and one last thing still in GKnot at the end in the save & encode place the audio bit some say click the JUST MUX or other says MP3 and enter the bitrate and there's the expert one ?
      The just mux option is for muxing the AC3 stream directly into the avi file. The expert mp3 option is for specifying custom parameters for Besweet, azid and lame, If you want to know how these work you should go read the Besweet docs.

Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• cole
        • Jun 2002

thanks for the quick reply...but all i want is the best sound i can get for a DivX.

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

thanks for the quick reply...but all i want is the best sound i can get for a DivX.
          What is best will always be a matter of opinion.

But if you absolutly don't care about filesize or are willing to sacrifice video quality for audio quality, keep the AC3.
          Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
          http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• cole
            • Jun 2002

sorry for my ignorance but how do you keep the AC3 ?
            just for curiosity cause i do care about the size

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

sorry for my ignorance but how do you keep the AC3 ?
              By extracting the AC3 file using DVD2AVI and muxing it with the AVI created in GK in nandub/VirtualDubMod. In this case, you don't need to bother with MP3 creation.

just for curiosity cause i do care about the size
              If you do, it may be hard to keep the AC3 file since this kind of file takes up considerably more space than MP3. You will have to consider which you want to go for: Quality or Size.

Comment

Working...