Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rvdsabu4life
    • Feb 2003

Simple Question

I want to know the best codec out there for ripping movies. I have seen some fantasticly ripped movies under 700mb the were hard to believe that they weren't the actual DVD. I want that quality with a small file size. Any suggestions?
  • igotid24
    • Jan 2003

choosing the codec is not really the most important part, either divx or xvid will give you similar results. the art is setting up the process the right way, adjusting all of the settings perfectly to give the best quality. and for that it just takes experience. as far as codec and encoding software goes its really personal preference as to what you feel most comfortable with and understand the most. so basically, try out everything until you find something that give you the best results. if you take the time to learn all you can about the whole process i garantee you will be able to produce the same great results that you are talking about.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Re: Simple Question

Originally posted by rvdsabu4life
      I want to know the best codec out there for ripping movies. I have seen some fantasticly ripped movies under 700mb the were hard to believe that they weren't the actual DVD. I want that quality with a small file size. Any suggestions?
      You can start by reading the excellent DVD-2-AVI conversion guide prepared by a moderator of this forum, UncasMS.

Comment

Working...