• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vaughn
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2002

Gknot & Xvid?

Okay i have been away from the forum for a bit and now it seems the XviD codec is being used more. According to some reviews here it may produce a sharper picture. Your opinon please, is there a noticeable difference in image quality using the Xvid codec as compared to divx5.02 when encoding using 2CD's? I have always struggled with blocks(sunsets, oceans) and green hues on certain frames.

Also if I decide to try out the XviD codec can it be used with Gknot .26b or do i need to use a different encoding tool?

And last will divx5.02 and Xvid codecs exist peacefully with each other or will i have problems with the divx i already have installed?
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

DVX supports Xvid you can find it at UncasMs's site

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

Re: Gknot & Xvid?

Originally posted by Vaughn
      Also if I decide to try out the XviD codec can it be used with Gknot .26b or do i need to use a different encoding tool?
      GKnot cannot be used directly with Xvid, you can use gknot to create the avs file, but you then need to load it into virtualdub and configure the encoding manually.

Originally posted by Vaughn
      And last will divx5.02 and Xvid codecs exist peacefully with each other
      Yes, I don't believe there are any conflicts between xvid and divx (on the encoding side at least).
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

The new GKNOT 0.28 test version supports the latest divx codecs and Divx 3.11 alpha as well as xvid.
        Last edited by Batman; 4 Apr 2003, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...