Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • som1dies
    • Aug 2002

Using Nero?Help

Wasnt sure were to post it. I used TMPegEn to convert my videos into Mpeg1 so I could burn them into VCD. I'm using nero 5.5 and all I want to do is make them into vcd but after selecting my videos and ready to burn it starts to encode them.Arent they already encoded using TMPegEn?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

In TMPGEnc you have to select the "MPEG1-VideoCD" mode, NOT the "plain vanilla" "MPEG-1" mode...

Comment

• som1dies
      • Aug 2002

I used the beginners guide avi/divx to mpeg1/vcd.Where do i go to change the settings?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

First click on the "Setting" radio button, then on the "System" tab - unless you are using a "wizard"/template, inwhich case you should select a "Video CD" or "VCD" template...

Comment

• som1dies
          • Aug 2002

Found what u told me but i'm unable to change it.Sorry for the hassle.I used this link.

A guide on how to convert your movie file to a VideoCD compliant MPEG-1 file using TMPGEnc for VideoCD authoring

Followed every step.then when tryin to burn using nero it whats to re-encode.I can always re-encode using nero but i want to get it right.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Found what u told me but i'm unable to change it."

Click on the "Load" radio button - then doubleclick on "Unlock.mcf". You'll then be able to access the various buttons and tabs, etc.

Comment

• som1dies
              • Aug 2002

ok,found what u told me,I'll try it out.
              Another question.when burning videos with nero.Am I able to to fit 80 minutes worth or only 700MB?
              Last edited by som1dies; 17 May 2003, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"Am I able to to fit 80 minutes worth or only 700MB?"

VideoCD format is based on running time (like audio CDs) and not file length...

Comment

Working...