Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lazz
    • Aug 2003

How can I include chapters in Ogm rips?

I'm relatively new to DVD ripping, but I've been doing a lot of reading in the past few days. Yesterday I tried to rip a DVD to Ogm format using SmartRipper to rip and DVDtoOgm to convert.

I admit I still need to mess around with the bitrate settings, as my current computer is too slow to view the Ogm rip due to the high bitrate to which I set the output file.

I looked at the admin's guide on how to convert DVD to Ogm, and I managed to produce an Ogm file that worked first time, audio included. I did have one problem though - I don't know how to include chapters within the Ogm file, using DVDtoOgm.

There is a section in DVDtoOgm under the Bitrate tab that allows a user to add files...but for what purpose? If anybody could tell me I would appreciate it.

As far as the chapters go...do I have to add a chapter file from the SmartRipper VOB rip files in the Bitrate section within DVDtoOgm?

There is a tab section entitled Ogm Inputs, and it is here I loaded a SmartRipper chapter .txt file, and I did check the "Use this Chapters:" check-box.

Yet when I ran the Ogm file in DivX Player 2.1 (came with DivX 5.05 Pro), the audio and video side of the file ran fine (apart from the high bitrate that my slow computer cannot handle very well), but there were no chapters to choose from.

Am I just using the wrong player (does DivX Player 2.1 not support chapters)? Or did I just make a mistake in the conversion process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

take a look at my guide

ogm and chapters

Comment

• Lazz
      • Aug 2003

Aaaaaah, thanks very much Will look into it soon...still need to get the latest version of Chapter Grabber, but the host site is down But I'm well on the way to adding chapters now
      Last edited by Lazz; 10 Aug 2003, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

use chapter-x-tractor and create the chapters yourself *g*

Comment

Working...