X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LayZee
    • Aug 2003

Help with getting Shopkeeper&Anakin ENG subtitles on R4(PAL) Star Wars DVD

Hi,

I use Gordion Knot and the Robot4Rip to rip/encode my DVDs.
    I have a Region4 (PAL) DVD of Star Wars: Phantom Menace and according to Robot4Rip, there are 3 english subtitles and some other non-english ones.

My problem is that I want the english subtitle that displays the conversation between the shop alien guy and his slave Anakin, and other of those scenes (e.g. When Jar Jar gets food and it goes on an alien, and Anakin comes to save him and talking in another language). When I choose an english subtitle to rip, and preview it when it is added, it displays the english subtitles for ALL conversations, alien language and english.

Can anyone help? I tried ripping each of the 3 english subtitle tracks but they all seem incorrect, maybe I'm doing it wrong or somethin.' Attached is an screenshot of the robot4rip info.
    Attached Files
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

you gotta make sure to get hold of the so called forced subs, that's the subtitle, where this gibberish is being spoken.

since i dont remember which subtitle stream it was with star wars, you might want to use a separate subtitle extraction tool like subrip or search for GK's preview options of your selected subtitle.

Comment

Working...