Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skahigh
    • Sep 2003

please help! no longer able to encode

i could really use anyones help with a problem i am having. until recently i had been ripping and encoding divx movies happily on my laptop running xp home using smartripper and flaskmpeg 0.7.

then i decided to upgrade to xp pro and formatted my hard drive and did a fresh install. i now find flaskmpeg crashes whenever i attempt to start encoding.

i have tried with separately ripped dvd's but as soon as i have chosen my ifo file i get the "flaskmpeg has encountered a problem and needs to close" message.

thinking this was just some conflict with flaskmpeg i downloaded dvd2avi but low and behold the same problem occured.

im no novice but this ones got me pulling my hair out and i would be extremely grateful for neones suggestions.
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

flask is full of bugz.

try using an older or newer version and see what happens - however if you want better quality and stable encoding - switch to different encoding techniques - take a look on my site or look on the forum for various methods as well as www.divx-digest.com/articles

Techno

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"i decided to upgrade to xp pro and formatted my hard drive and did a fresh install."

Did you reinstall your DivX (and, perhaps, others) video codec - and any audio codecs you may have previously had installed, such as an .MP3 codec?

Comment

Working...