X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silverspell
    • Jan 2002

Divx.DLL difficulties

Hey all.. I could really use a hand on this:
    I have a Pentium 4 1.6Ghz with Windows Me as operatin system and i want to encode 2001:A space Oddysey. I have ripped the movie and it is now stationed in my PC.I am trying to encode it at Divx4.12,2-pass_first pass[do i have to reencode it when its finished with 2-pass_second pass?]. Whenever i choose to start conversion after 1-2 secs i read the following error: X_mpeg caused a trouble on DivX.DLL and it will be shut down..blah blah... I tried the same thing with DVD2AVI GUI and i read the same msg.I redownloaded Divx4.12 codec and reinstalled it and also i tried Divx4.11 and 3.x codecs.No luck.Any ideas? Thnx anyway
    Last edited by Silverspell; 19 Jan 2002, 04:31 AM.
  • Kaiser-Soze
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

Uninstall the program u are using. Check if the registry entries of the program are cleared or else remove them manually and then try using Virtual Dub for conversion after reinstalling DivX Codecs.
    Tell us about your progress
    Hope it Worx .
    Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To Kaiser-Soze

"try using Virtual Dub for conversion after reinstalling DivX Codecs. "

That's a new one to me. How are you suggesting VDub be used to convert a ripped-only movie (.VOBs)???

Comment

• Silverspell
        • Jan 2002

hmm..

What do u propose setarip?

The point is i ve already installed and uninstalled most of the known Divx Codec Versions.
        About the registry i'll check it out..

And another thing about Kaiser:
        Ela re patriwth!
        Last edited by Silverspell; 19 Jan 2002, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Kaiser-Soze
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Jan 2002

That's a new one to me. How are you suggesting VDub be used to convert a ripped-only movie (.VOBs)???
          By using DVD2AVI and VFAPI Reader B4 .
          But not saving it as AVI (Which he says he has problems with) but as Project (.D2V) .
          Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To Kaiser-Soze and Silverspell

"By using DVD2AVI and VFAPI Reader B4 ."

Now that you've clarified, with those VERY significant intermediate steps, I understand your earlier suggestion.

"What do u propose setarip?"

I converted 2001: A Space Oddysey many moons ago, without incident - using my "old reliable" Flask v.0.594PX3.

Comment

Working...