Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dauid
    • Jan 2002

Cutting AC3 audio

I want to make a divx spread on two cd's. The avi files are going to have mp3 audio but I also want to include the AC3 file.

The reason why I want to do this is because if I use MicroDVD for playback I have the mp3 sound so I can watch the movie on any computer, and when I watch it on my system I can switch to the AC3 track and get full Dolby Digital.

Since all that audio is going to take up some space I want to put it on two CD's, but how do I cut the AC3 file without too much effort?

And by the way, is there any software that can extract only the AC3 file from a VOB?
  • Kaiser-Soze
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

Well who says that if u have the avi with AC-3 sound u can't play it in any other computer. Any computer having the intervideo filter can decode the AC-3 sound. So alternatively u can include in the movie the filters too so any1 who wants to play it can install the filters before.I do that and it works.
    Just an idea.
    As for the program I believe Vstrip GUI can do that (Rip only the AC-3 Sound from VOB).
    I don't know how u can cut the AC-3 sound alone to 2 different files but it would be very difficult to synchronize it with the choped AVI (just an advice)
    Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

to extract the ac3 from your vob files, there are numerous ways.
      i'd advice one of these two:

1) vob2audio (make sure to tick ac3 as output format)

2) load the vobs into dvd2avi
      => audio => DEMUX (not decode!!!)
      choose track number for your desired language
      save PROJECT
      now a small project file AND THE AC3 stream will be saved!

good luck
      Last edited by UncasMS; 23 Jan 2002, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...