X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkufo
    • Oct 2003

Different Playbacks on Different Players

Hi All,

I'm fairly experianced with Computers (it's my job ) and DVDs etc... But I have 2 questions that has puzzled me.

I "own" a number of good DivX/XVid Movies. When I play these with the DivX player they all work fine and look terrific. However, if I play them on other Players I get either not able to play messages or the video is green and they contain a LOT of artifacts etc.

This is true on WMP 9, PowerDVD, and others.

I assume this is due to the codec that is being used to display,

So...

Q1) How can I see which codec is ACTUALLY being used by the DivX player to display the Movie.

Ok...

Also, I convert a Lot of DivX/Xvids to DVD for playback on my standalone player. To do this I use TmpGENC.

Most of the time TMPGENC works great, no problems .. perfect...

However, some AVI files come up with the same problem as mentioned earlier ie Green, Artifacts, Scenes merging into the next one...

SO....

Q2) How can I fix this in TMPGENC ? Is there a way to Force TMPGENC to use the same codec as the one that the DivX player uses to play the movie properly.

Many thanks inadvance.

Andy
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Q1) How can I see which codec is ACTUALLY being used by the DivX player to display the Movie.

The DivX Player uses its own built-in decoder irrespective of whatever codec you have installed in your system.

Q2) How can I fix this in TMPGENC ? Is there a way to Force TMPGENC to use the same codec as the one that the DivX player uses to play the movie properly.

You might want to try updating to the latest version of the XviD codec.

And, no. You can't use whatever decoder is used under the DivX player since it is built in the player.

Comment

• darkufo
      • Oct 2003

Thanks. I decided to remove all Codecs and start again.

I installed the XVID and DIVX and FFDSHOW.

Now everything works a treat... Last time I install the NIMO Codec Pack

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Glad to see everything's working out for you. Enjoy your shows.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...