• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • movmasty
    • Feb 2003

Refreshing divx 3.11

Just did a search but dont know if anyone posted about this,

a new divx 3.11 came out some month ago, based on newer DLLs from m$,

The package, called Maia, includes the last mpg4 encoder and decoder from m$,both for divx and mpeg4, an audio wma codec newer than divx 311 audio,
    and the last fraunhofer mpg codec, more recent also of that included in win xp.

I did some test and seems to me that gives a better quality both in encoding and in decoding with nandub,

further installing the package fixed a problem that i had playing movies encoded with m$ mpeg1-3,
    that is i could not resize them in mplayer, now resizing works fine.

All the new files have the priority patch, that mean that divx 5xx wont take over the playback of divx 3 movies.

the last pack to get is called MAIA at this address

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

i would reccomed to the administrator to put the file(1,4mb) on this site, since sometime that link isnt working
  • movmasty
    • Feb 2003

ok, just saw that the new files are included in tsunami pack,

but if someone like only the mpg4 codecs and some interesting explanation....

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

I don't think the "newer" DivX 3.11 can beat DivX 5 / XviD in terms of overall quality (not unless they have managed to fix its tendency and problems with artifacts).

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Comment

• movmasty
        • Feb 2003

divx 3 with nandub is still good....

xvid has a very good quality as well as many problems still....

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

you must have missed some years of development and improvement since divx3

Comment

Working...