X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burnt
    • Jan 2004

compress, encode

Gday again,
    first off id like to say thanx for the replies i recieved to my previous and first post, its helped tremondously in understanding what im doing, i think.
    ive learnt the basics of encoding and then burning it to dvd.
    now ive gone and brought myself a video capture card ~ set it up on my pc connected it to the tv and hit record, woohoo til i found out that 10 minutes uses approx 1 gig on my hdd ;( so ive learnt that i need to take this file (avi) and compress, encode it to divx which will make the file a lot smaller again i think.
    i understand that i need to do that with virtualdub which is where my next problem kicks in understanding v/dub and how to use it and also the calculation of bitrates and frames and all that stuff cause i raelly dont have a clue.
    so can anyone point out what i need to do or send me a link that would explain all this to me.
    thanx in advance burnt
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

Without knowing what capture card you got and your system specs it's hard to say what you're able to capture at ie resolution, file format etc. Check here for capture guides www.dvdrhelp.com

Comment

• decryptit
      • Jan 2004

virtualdubmod can be used for various reasons depends what you want.
      Total Number Of Views
      Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

Working...