Could encode from DCR-TRV22.. now i cant!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • visconti
    • Aug 2003

Could encode from DCR-TRV22.. now i cant!

Short version: I have a Sony TRV22 and I can't encode video, when prior to a new video car installation, I could.

Long version:

A little background...

I recently upgraded video cards (from an old one to a Raedon 9800 pro). When I did, I installed all their Multimedia stuff... All my games ran great! Then when I went to encoding some video, it wouldn't import. I'm currently using Microsoft Movie Maker.

Before upgrading video cards, I would simply hook up my iLink from my TRV22 to my computer, turn on the camera, "BA-DING!" a sound would indicate my device was hooked up, game me an option to choose a program, I choose Microsoft Movie Maker, it opens up it's encoding area, and away I go..

Now, when I do that, WMM locks up, and everything freezes for about 30seconds, then I get the error:

Either your capture device is in use by another application, or the output from your capture device is not recognized by Windows Movie Maker. Please close any other applications that use capture devices, or change your device settings to output to a supported format.

When I go to my Device Manager, and look under SOUND, VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLERS, I dont see anything there for the camera. Under Imaging devices, I see SONT DV CAMCORDER. For some reason, I thought before when it worked it would have said something about a SONY (or something more generic) CAPTURE DEVICE.

I can't do any editing now and it's killing me! My question is this: What should I have on my system to recognize the camcorder and allow me to start encoding video. Could I be missing a driver? Could the new video card be using an "address" of some sort that's hosing me up? Do I need to reinstall anything?

I've recently uninstalled all of the Raedon 9800 software except for the drivers (at the recommendation of the Raedon help area) and I'm still having all these problems.

Any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! I look forward to hearing your recommendations.
Working...