Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmkid
    • Mar 2002

audio sync problems with VirtualDub

This is driving me crazy. Somebody please help!
    I have a video file I captured from TV (MPEG 1, 3Mpbs). I am tring to clip out all the commercials and compress it using VirtualDub. When I check out the finished product, everything is fine until about 1 hour into it, when the audio gets way out of sync. It is during one of the clipped commercial breaks. Going into the break, everything is fine, but after it, the audio is about 4-5 seconds behind the video. For some reason, VirtualDub is keeping the last few seconds of audio of the deleted commercials, but not the video. I have tried encoding using different bitrates, but that makes no difference. I tried saving the audio as a wav, and that extra audio data is still there. I have tried removing different parts of the commercial break, but with the same results. I tried using the Divx WMA audio codec, but it just gave an error and wouldn't work.
    By the way, the original file is in perfect sync all the way through.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Since your original file is an MPEG file, use TMPGEnc's Merge&Cut (From under the "File" dropdown menu, select "MPEGTools", then select "Merge&Cut) to edit it.

If, for some reason, you still want to convert the file to .AVI format, you can always load it into VirtualDub afterwards.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...