Help please, I have lost nearly all my hair.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macey
    • Mar 2002

Help please, I have lost nearly all my hair.

Hi Guys.
    Everyone has been so helpful in telling me what to do regarding the lip syn problems when converting the avi to vcd.

However, no one has told me how to completly solve it.
    I have saved uncompressed wav and silent avi but when I create mpg file it is still way out.

I have been told to use bitrate calcs and virtual dub, Nan dub etc. I try to follow these helpful instructions but cannot solve the problem.

Would a kind person read my other posts under the thread of "Help I'm pulling my hair out" and possible email me a set of instructions on how to solve the lip sync prob. Tell me what programs etc I need. I probably have a lot of them already.

If you could give me step by step instuctions on what I have to do I would be real thankfull. I dont want to delete all these films because I cant convert them.

I have converted a lot of films already without the lipsyc problem

Heres hoping

Macey
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

You would be well-advised to just post this in the same old thread.

Anyway, I sort of understand your problem. Here's what I would do: (I will assume you have learned some things from your previous postings, so I won't explain how to do any basic operations)
    1. Extract Uncompressed .wav file
    2. Prepare the silent AVI
    3. Load up AVI file in Virtual-/nandub
    4. Set video to Direct Stream Copy
    5. Load up .wav file under audio tab
    6. Set audio to Full Mode Processing
    7. Choose the MP3 codec (May require you to have Radium MP3 codec installed) and an appropriate bitrate
    8. Save as .AVI and give a name to it
    9. Once you have the AVI file, check that it's free of synch. trouble. If there is, you will need to manipulate the Audio Interleave in Virtualdub. Looking at the simple settings should not be a problem for most beginners
    10. Split the AVI file so that each segment can fit nicely into a CD. Here's how to do it: http://nickyguides.digital-digest.co...-split-avi.htm
    11. Load up each segment into Nero5.5 (or above) and make a VCD (I'm sure you've tinkered with this one?)

Post back with results.

Comment

Working...