X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enigma
    • Dec 2001

MPEG1 to DIVX

Hi everyone,

I have some video camera footage that i have captured to MPEG1 but the files are over 7gig each, what i'd like to do is convert them to DIVX to save space. Can some kind person tell me how i go about this, i have tried converting them in NANDUB but the audio is out from the video, i have tried Flask but hav'nt managed to get it to work.

Thanks, Enigma
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The first thing you should do is cut the files into smaller pieces (less than 2Gigs each). You can do this by using TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Cut&Merge

You should then able to successfully use Flask, VirtualDub, NanDub, etc. to convert them to DivX-compressed .AVI files

If you choose to use Flask, I'd strongly suggest that you set the audio to Uncompressed (PCM) at 48,000 - to avoid any synch difficulties. You can the load the resultant DivX-compressed .AVI file into VirtualDub and (after setting "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" and "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode") convert and compress the audio to whatever format your heart desires.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Enigma
      • Dec 2001

lipsync out when cut

Hi,

Cheers for the help, i've cut the MPEG file into 1.7GB sections but the lipsync on the cut sections is out , i have used TMPGENC.

Some more help would be aprichiated.

Enigma

Comment

Working...