Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daiSho
    • Mar 2002

Convert Divx 3.11a to WM8 (w/ VBR)..?

ok all, i am wanting to convert a bunch of media files (2-4 minutes apiece) from the Divx 3.11alpha format to the newer WM8 format... one of the main reasons being that i want to be able to 'tag' the files, like you can do when encoding w/ WME 7.1 (captions, copyright notices, etc.)...

...now, i can take any of my Divx311 media directly into WME 7.1 and re-encode it easily, choosing the WM8 for both video and audio, but after doing some research it seems that i am going to be missing out totally on WM8's VBR ability unless i use the command-line utility... now, i have no problem doing that, but i do not see how to include the copyright notices and captions when using the command-line utility, how is this accomplished?

all of my output from WME 7.1 has turned out *much* larger than the original Divx files, which surprised me greatly... i'm assuming this is due to me not using the command-line utility. any advice as to my best plan of attack would be greatly appreciated, thanks all... btw, the specifics of the Divx media in question are listed below, perhaps someone can spot an inherent problem?

Divx 3.11 alpha Fast-Motion Codec
    MP3 audio 128kb/s - 48MHz
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Is there any reason that you're not using the final version of the WMV8 tools and the available GUI, which makes available ALL the items you've described?

Go to:

Download Windows Media V8 encoding utility, a software for encoding into the new Microsoft Windows Media V8 format, which offers true VBR encoding

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• daiSho
      • Mar 2002

thx setarip, yes, i had found that after a bit of searching... i am writing up profiles to use now, seems the most elegant solution.. thanks for the reply!

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

setarip, ur a genius! (by the way, can u teach me a particular thing? I am needing help and thought u would be able to help me.)

Techno

Comment

Working...