Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sp00d
    • Dec 2001

Premiere/Subtitle/Deinterlace woes....

Hi, i manage to encode fine from VOB/mpg to divx using flask. However, I would like to add a few subtitles in choice places. I am fairly familiar with Premiere, so I knocked up a few subtitles and stuck them in the relative places. The problems I have are as follows:

1)Even though i put a title say, only at the front for 5 secs, the WHOLE divx has to be reencoded. Is there no way to make premiere only reencode the CHANGES? (not holdig up much hope here).

2)I can only encode to microsoft DV, not DIVX. I feel im doing something wrong here. For example, I have never understood how to deinterlace using VDUB. Do i say encode to DIVX, then use VDUB/Premiere to deinterlace/subtitle, then it just adds that to the divx? Or do i deinterlace/subtitle the raw VOB, then encode to DIVX in flask? At the moment all my movies are interlaced because im not sure how to deinterlace in VDUB for a start. That is, I can find the feature and use it, but then i dont know whether im supposed to save, reencode, what......

Any guidance greatly appreciated!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Even though i put a title say, only at the front for 5 secs, the WHOLE divx has to be reencoded. Is there no way to make premiere only reencode the CHANGES?"

Create the title as a SEPARATE DivX file, using the identical settings for video and audio as your primary video file.

Load the title video into VirtualDub. Set both "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying".

From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Append AVI" and select your primary video file.

From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" and enter a new filename.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• sp00d
      • Dec 2001

Thanks a lot!!

Works great!
      Doh, seems so simple when u know how

Comment

Working...