X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lui
    • Apr 2002

Color Patches in Encoded DivX!

hi,
    I am getting pink color patches in some parts of some movies which i encode. Some movies dont contain it at all. I just finished Jurassic park -1, and i found it in that movie. Any suggestions? Also pls tell me what bit rate did u all use if u have encoded that movie.

Also i have encoded the movie in 716*392. I used Xmpeg to encode the dvd (2-pass). The quality is not that good but the file size is exact. Any suggestions on this?
    Last edited by Lui; 12 May 2002, 02:03 PM.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

First of all, you need to make sure that the video resolution, horizontal and vertical, is divisible by 16. Your current one is not.

Comment

• Lui
      • Apr 2002

Hi,
      thanx for the reply. However how can i resize the movie because i use the crop in the Xmpeg to resize (by resizing with mouse). I am new to this, so can u please be more explanative.

Enchantor can u please gimme a guide or the steps u use to encode a dvd to divX?
      Last edited by Lui; 12 May 2002, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

Also, make sure that you do not use a crack for DIVX 5, this can also be a side effect, as I have heard.

Techno

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

I don't use xmpeg and have no idea how to do a resize with it. Isn't there an option to do so? Even Flask has it.

Comment

• Lui
            • Apr 2002

Can u tell me how to do it with Flask Mpeg? I will try with that. I need the maximum quality attainable on 1 cd (if possible).

Comment

Working...