Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PoDgE
    • Jan 2002

Help!!

Ok, I have a wintv card and basically ive made captured a few mpeg2 files with it nothing major, the other day i was bored so i decided to try and convert the file to divx for the hell of it so i first decided to use xmpeg and well it cant read the file right, neither can flask so then i tried vidomi which gave me a couple of ill operations and dvd2avi/avisynth->tmpg process doesnt seem to be working and its giving me large files, in xmpeg i tried a few one minute streams which worked but any large files i.e 12.0mbit cbr mpg2 @60 minutes = 5gb rounded down, just wont read properly, im running a p4 2g with xp and ntfs so its not the fat32 2gb file issue so if anyone can help me or even figure out what im talking about can you please help me
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

I hope it's a hauppauge Wintv GO PCI card u have.

DO NOT CAPTURE AND COMPRESS AT THE SAME TIME, like MPEG2/MPEG1

Capture using these settings and u will have DVD or near DVD quality:

YV12/YU12
    320*240/352*288
    30fps
    CD quality uncompressed PCM audio
    NO RECOMPRESSION

Then convert to MPEG using TMPGENC and or to DIVX fast motion using 6000 bitrate. u will get DVD/near DVD quality and file size will be low!

if u can't do that:

Then have you converted it to MPEG2 again using TMPGENC? I suggest you do this then use vidomi to convert that to DIVX fast motion.

What happens?

Techno

Comment

Working...