Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GhosTheorY
    • Nov 2002

No Sound, No Visual...But DOES work

ok my friend downloaded a movie and he burnt it for me to have..he said he had to download alot of stuff just too watch the movie..but it did end up working..i try watching it and theres no sound and no visual but the time is displayed and process is running..ive downloaded all sorts of codecs and nothing seems to be helping..im using DivX Player v2.0 Alpha..any suggestions please? i REALLY want to watch this movie lol
    btw..i did ask my friend what exactly he downloaded to get it to work..and due to a recent system crash..he has no idea :|
    Last edited by GhosTheorY; 4 Nov 2002, 10:11 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

In order to determine which codec(s) you need for a particular .AVI, you should do the following:

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• GhosTheorY
      • Nov 2002

There was 2 parts so theres two screen shots..
      Attached Files

Comment

• GhosTheorY
        • Nov 2002

heres the second part of the movie
        Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

I believe your "friend" is jerking your chain. This appears to be a phony file...

Comment

• GhosTheorY
            • Nov 2002

lol well..work friend actually..this doesnt suprise me really. He wont like it when i exploit his fake movie piracy to everyone he sold movies too which "needed codecs" to work..or so he told them all..luckily i didnt buy it from him. I would normally go download them myself but i figured since he had cable it would be cool for him to burn it for me..ah well.. thanks alot though

btw you wouldnt happen to use or know about Newsbin do/would you? Am confused about one peticular setting..
            Last edited by GhosTheorY; 4 Nov 2002, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...