Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gondo
    • May 2002

Just formatted HDD and no sound anymore

Before I formatted my hard drive I could my AC3 DivX 5.02 movies with Power DivX in Stereo. I was using WinDVD to play the files and was getting AC3 6 channel output.

Now after formatting and trying to play the movies with WInDVD I have no sound. Power DivX now gives me the option to use 6 channel output but I have no sound. I tried WMP and I do get sound. Why won't PowerDivX or WinDVD give any sound?

I do get sound from the seperate .ac3 file and from a DVD .vob file using WInDVD but not after the .ac3 is muxed with the video.

What could be the problem?
  • Gondo
    • May 2002

I installed the Audio, Direct SHow and TOlls from the Tsunami 3.9.6 filter pack. And I now get audio.

PowerDivx works good. But when I enable 4 or 6 channel audio the sound gets all slow motion like the devil is reciting subliminal messages to me The Intervideo AC3 filter properties has 4 and 6 channel mode greyed out.

WinDVD now works like a charm.

I only wish I could get the sound to work properly in PowerDivX. I prefer that player because of the options you have in changing the aspect ratio during playback.

Comment

Working...