Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simple_simon
    • Feb 2003

full screen audio desync

i encoded Taxi Driver, it's about the millionth time i've had to do it, but this time the audio and video turned out synced up finally so i burn it to a cd and then i go to watch it, i open it up and set windows media player to full screen and i'm watching the credits go by and then someone says something and the person's lips don't move until way after i heard them say it so i think "**** there goes two more cd's somehow it took itself out of sync or i missed something or something" so i minimize it to turn it off and i notice after it's minimized that it's in sync again and it turns out that it plays fine when minimized and it plays fine for about a minute after it's put in full screen mode but then just suddenly it goes out of sync and if you move the mouse it'll return to sync for another minute or if you minimize it it will stay in sync but it won't play the whole way through in full screen mode without screwing up.
    i need help. i hope somebody out there knows what is going on cause this damn movie is driving me absolutely insane.
    anyway...
    peace
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You may be overtaxing your system.

Turn off all non-essential programs running in the background
    Reduce your DESKTOP resolution (to, perhaps, 800x600)
    Reduce your DESKTOP color depth (to, perhaps, 16K or even 256)

Comment

• simple_simon
      • Feb 2003

cool man that worked thanx i guess i should have messed around with it a bit more before i posted something about it.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"cool man that worked thanx"

My pleasure, "man" ;>}

Comment

Working...