The sound is only out of sync when fastforwarding. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djflip
    • Jan 2002

The sound is only out of sync when fastforwarding. PLEASE HELP!!!!

i have this problem with the sound. it plays perfectly in sync when i just play the movie straight through. but when i want to skip to the middle of the movie using media player, the sound is totally off! and the more i skip forward, the more it's out of sync. does anyone know what the problem is? and how to fix it?
  • abdul
    • Jan 2002

don't fast foreward .................. use the slider

I've heard it before that WMPlayer doesn't do too good a job with fast forewarding
    btw which MPlayer are you using ? and what are your computer specs?

Comment

• Thrawn
      • Jan 2002

i have the same prob though
      dont use wmp at all for avi files
      i use the playa which should be in your divx4 package, no probs with fastforwarding at all (but no exact fast forwarding too)
      The Grandadmiral was here!

Comment

• djflip
        • Jan 2002

i do use the slider and it does that. it even does that if i pause it for a while and then come back and play it. i'm using an AMD 1.0G
        256 Ram, GForce2MX 32 MB. i'm using some 6.x version of WMP. i tried using the playa and it does the same thing. is there any way to permanently fix it? would it help if i used a different software?

Comment

• abdul
          • Jan 2002

Your specs look good enough, although you might be running a lot of programs in the background while using Media-player

If the Playa player didn't work (still people fancy that one? ) I would try another player
          Seems radlight is a good one, it uses very little processorpower and maybe this one will work with the fast forewarding

download it at the divx-digest .........software............players section

I haven't tried it myself (i only change something if i run into problems , but I heard some very good things about it.

Comment

Working...