Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pinPoint
    • Mar 2003

From DV[4files] using Premiere to DV AVI

here is my problem i seem havent gotten around to find out what is happening to my video's audio. I will explain everything.

DV Camera:
    I captured video from the camera. 4 files each 15 minutes to round up the miniDV tape.
    -Using Premiere for capturing I added an mp3 file to the first file thats 15 mins long

Open Roxio Videowave 5
    added all 4 files into the storyboard with transistion between each files then sent out the final file as DV.

I ran the video... at the beginning there is a good sync video and audio but as we approach 2/3 of the video the sound or the video becomes unsync so mouths are moving with wrong sound.

1) so couple of questions... how do i sync this two up even after opening in premiere video and audio are lined up straight perfect but still that sync problem pops up anyway?
    2) im currently using roxio dvd builder or videowave dvd author and none offer much configurations at all. anyone have suggestions of good dvd builders as far as creating menus, scenes, menu on a bg movie, etc
    3) is it possible for me to add credits to my home video while the movie rolls along - like the first 10 mins or so -
    4) adding to #2 -- previously i used Swish to make my text effects then I would export to swf file then open with FlashMX then export to uncompressed avi from there I would either transfer it to my miniDV tape. When I previewed the credits on tv, the font was screwed like a rat mistakenly took the font for cheese. the credits would look very ugly. if you have any suggestions or any help you can provide please dont hesitate to post back. Just trying to learn as much as i can about video editing. thank you for at least reading.

pin
  • shiny#3
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jul 2003

hello pinPoint...

lets deal with your out of sync problem first....

when you add a MP3 file to your video make sure , that
    the audiostream is not encoded in VBR mp3
    ( a mp3 with a variable bitrate) use a codec that provides a constant bitrate like the radium mp3 codec...

it is even better to use wave format for interim storage.
    it will be transcoded to a mpeg2 stream anyway when
    process it with your premiere mpeg2 tools/plugin,
    for the use with a dvd r

when you create a dvd make also sure, that you
    choose a framerate (pictures /second) that matches
    your dvd specification that you create 25 fps for pal and
    29,97 or 23, 976 fps....

for creating menues for a dvd you can either use
    DVDlab or the editing tools of Nero 5.5xx or higher....

Comment

• pinPoint
      • Mar 2003

hmmm...

lets deal with your out of sync problem first....

when you add a MP3 file to your video make sure , that
      the audiostream is not encoded in VBR mp3
      ( a mp3 with a variable bitrate) use a codec that provides a constant bitrate like the radium mp3 codec...
      But how do i do that when im exporting from premiere using Microsoft DV AVI. should i just convert the mp3 into wave file instead?

it is even better to use wave format for interim storage.
      it will be transcoded to a mpeg2 stream anyway when
      process it with your premiere mpeg2 tools/plugin,
      for the use with a dvd r
      ^^^ I dont understand what you mean up here

when you create a dvd make also sure, that you
      choose a framerate (pictures /second) that matches
      your dvd specification that you create 25 fps for pal and
      29,97 or 23, 976 fps....
      alright

for creating menues for a dvd you can either use
      DVDlab or the editing tools of Nero 5.5xx or higher....
      thanks.

Comment

Working...