X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doomah
    • Jul 2002

Decompressor problems

Hey guys

1.) I just built a new gaming rig, and I have a couple divx files on it, and I can only get one of the files to actually play. Every other file attempts to download a codec, but it's not online yet, so it can't get/play it. Of course there is audio, just no video decoding.

I have the DivX 5.0.2 bundle installed, and I also have the 3.11 alpha on there as well. Any suggestions?

2.) This is somewhat minor, but the player that comes with the 5.0.2 bundle doesn't load up. It says that skin.divl ... something cannot be loaded, nor the default one will load. I've tried reinstalling several times and it just doesn't want to work. Any ideas?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

For your first problem, the videos are encoded with non-divx codecs. To check, open each file in Virtualdub and check its file information.

A little solution attempt on your second problem. Uninstall your old DivX installation, re-download the DivX codec package, and install it. Disable your anti-virus program as it may interfere with the installation (You should of course check that the package is free of virus prior to installing it).

Comment

Working...