Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaded318
    • Jul 2002

WinDVD 4 Divx problem

I have a bunch of dvd-rips in divx format on cd..and powerdvd and media player play them fine..
    But WinDVD4 will not play a divx-rip on a cd..it'll play it fine if I copy it to the hard drive..but when it's on the cd it'll make my dvd-player keep spinning the cd and nothing will happen..(Plays DVD's and VCD's fine though)

Has anyone encountered this problem, or am I just stuck to using PowerDVD?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

You shouldn't be using PowerDVD nor WinDVD for playing DivX files. There are other players that are specifically created for this purpose, such as Windows Media Player, PowerDivX, BSPlayer and others.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

I've tried playing back DivX files from CDs on WinDVD, and it seems fine.

I think you might want to investigate whether you have the latest ASPI drivers installed, which if I am not mistaken, WinDVD requires (whereas WMP and PowerDVD does not) :

digital, digest, dvd, divx, dvdr, dvd+r, dvd-r, rip, copy, ripping, convert, backup, back, up, shrink, xvid, software, download, news, guide, article
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• jaded318
        • Jul 2002

I installed the latest aspi drivers..but same thing...My drive will spin up, and my hard drive light stays on..and windvd.exe is using 30%cpu power...but nothin...guess i can just go ahead and switch back to powerdvd..

Comment

Working...