Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaldri01
    • Apr 2005

Dont go outside the box!! stay with DVD Shrink

Last month I has having some burning issues with dvd shrik. The good news is that thanks to everyone that responded the problem was fixed.
    However, in my time of unclear thinking I went out and bought 3-2-1 studio's dvd burner (with the ripper).
    What a mistake that was. I can burn faster with dvd shrink. One other down fall is I found that this software was causing some kind of problem with my system. It didnt matter if I was burning with dvd shrink or 3-2-1, half way through the burn process my computer would shut down. After beating my head against the wall for days, I remembered that the only thing different on my computer was the 3-2-1 software, so I uninstalled it and now everything is back to normal. I just wish I didnt spend that $50.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

" half way through the burn process my computer would shut down."
    Although you say it has stopped since you uninstalled 3-2-1 software, a software conflict shouldn't "shut your computer down". That sounds more of a heat (overheating) problem. Check your fans to make sure they are still working or add some more fans. Take the side off the case while you rip, and see if it shuts down again.

Comment

• blutach
      Not a god of digital video
      • Oct 2004

Try to send the 321 stuff back for a refund.

Regards
      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• powrtoch
        • Apr 2005

hey Jmet
        isn't it possible that a system shut down is jaldri's way of saying he received a fatal error (commonly called the blue screen of death) that left him with no option but to shut down? A mis-behaving programme will quite often cause a conflict that'll do exactly that. The fact that, since removing the 3-2-1 software, the problem has stopped, indicates this is most likely the problem. Yes, I agree overheating of the processor is possible, but I don't believe in this instance that is the problem. jaldri, go ahead and check the system fans but I'll be surprised if there's anything wrong.

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

A fatal error is most of the time a "Hardware" conflict. I have never received the "Blue Screen of Death" from a software conflict.

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jmet
            I have never received the "Blue Screen of Death" from a software conflict.
            Then you have never been running Windows 95...

Comment

• jmet
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2002

I was 15 when Windows 95 came out. So, yes I have never ran Windows 95. 90% of the users here are either running 2000 or XP.

(Thanks Mom!)

Comment

• cynthia
                Super Moderatress
                • Jan 2004

Wish I also was 15 at that time and neved had to use W95...

Still have naightmares about that white popup window - kernel error or what it used to be.

Comment

• jmet
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2002

kernel32.dll as cause a invalid page fault in module: 000FCD115...

lmao

Comment

• cynthia
                    Super Moderatress
                    • Jan 2004

Old memories:

Comment

• RoofRabbit
                      • Apr 2005

"Old Memories"
                      LOL, when I first started working with PCs, DOS 3.0 was brand new. Software has come a long way since then.
                      Too bad even Windows XP still retains code from the old 16-bit Windows 3.0 series.

Comment

• HDTiVo
                        Gold Member
                        Gold Member
                        • Feb 2004

When I was 15, Bill Gates still hadn't dropped out of college.

Comment

• stevenmarkand
                          • May 2005

When I was 15, Bill Gates was ten years away from entering Harvard. He was a freshman in 1973.

Comment

• Norm
                            • Dec 2004

Software can cause the BSOD, after installing XP SP2 I was getting the BSOD at login seemed Zonealarm and XP's firewall/Security center didn't play nice together. After uninstalling Zonealarm from safe mode problem was gone.
                            "Women"

can't live with 'em........Pass the Beernuts

Comment

Working...