Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spudders765
    • May 2005

Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD version 8

After purchasing Pinnacles Instant CD/DVD version 8 i went home and installed this product on my PC. Once installed and i tried to copy a DVD all hell broke loose. I had conflicts galore and to put it politely i was not a happy bunny. This software conflicts like hell with Nero or any other burn engine installed. It see's itself as a supreme being. So i went and uninstalled it and by chance asked a friend of mine who work at IBM's Greenock plant in Scotland if he had any suggestions - he did hurray for me . He said 'leave your nero alone, add decrypter and shrink' - - - hey presto it worked. Thanks to Jason, nero, shrink and decrypter my system is happy and conflict free.

PINNACLE YOU SUCK

love spudders
  • Floppy

I agree that Pinnacle sucks....

Comment

• toomanycats
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2005

There is a 29 Megabyte update that you must install in Instant DVD/CD Ver. 8 that is available for free at Pinnacle that fixes all the bugs. After the update it works pretty good, I use is all the time. I can't figure why Pinnacle just doesn't stop shipping "crap" that needs to updated, they should fix it and then ship it. After the update, it does work I must admit. I have had no conflicts. I had a basic version of Nero the came with a Lite-on 16X burner that I bought and it was so bad I bought the Pinnacle product. I also use Ulead Movie Studio 2SE which has worked good also. I will never buy any other product from Pinnacle though, especially anything that says "Dazzle" on it, after my experiences with their "Studio" line.

Comment

• koo9
        • Oct 2005

I too love to hate Pinnacle

I purchased version 8 which was okay-ish but improved considerably when I installed the Version 9 upgrade. It does most things for me and with the web update it is fairly stable. However, moving on to version 10, I expected much improvement but all I got was rubbish and a large web update - smacks of Microsoft. It trashed a firewire drive, has crashed 8 times and is now telling me it hasn't a registration code so I need to re-install it again. I can't be arsed with that and have moved back to version 9 which thankfully I left intact on my drive.
        Anyone know of a better piece of software I can use with the Pinnacle DV box?

Comment

Working...