• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctgale
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Yep, matter is closed

jmet - whatever you are

Yep, matter is closed as you can't face it.

Go re-read your faq rules.
  • cornholio7
    Unavailable
    • Jun 2005

drop it .
    you posted something you shouldn't have .

Comment

• ctgale
      Banned
      • Jul 2005

And jmet blew it out of context and he needs to apologize for it.

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

jmet deserves the respect he should have as a moderator on this forum. Obviously the admin agrees or he would not have chosen him to be a moderator. IMO all/most members at this and other respectable forums agree with this policy. If you have a problem feel free to pm the admin. As "corn" stated above it's time to drop it and move on.

Comment

• ctgale
          Banned
          • Jul 2005

I will drop it - after a public apology

Moderators/administrators of all sorts have my respect, but when they cross the line and start making accusations, that is another thing. For him to accuse me of piracy without asking a few questions and taking context out of meaning was plain as day wrong.

His accusations were unwarranted and uncalled. All he needs is apologize and it will all be forgotten.

Comment

• Jack Lurker
            Oh Bugger! It's bust again!
            • Jun 2005

Jmet has nothing to apologise for. Be very careful with your attitude here as disrespectful and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated. Drop the matter while you still can is my advice.
            Jack

The best thing for trees is a bloody big axe! Works for stupidity too!!
            You have a problem? Search the forums, you 'aint the first person to have your problem thats for sure!!
            There's a bloke called Blutach here somewhere, check out his signature. Loads of useful info in it!

Comment

• ctgale
              Banned
              • Jul 2005

My attitude is in check and so is behaviour.

Comment

• cynthia
                Super Moderatress
                • Jan 2004

The forum rules are that discussing the process for backing up a DVD that you don't own is against them. It can be tricky some times to know what people really mean.

If you had wrote 'perhaps the best is to buy another copy' that would have made it clear that you do own the first DVD. In your case - it can be read as you don't own the first DVD. It's tricky.

Even if you do get a closed thread - there is no reason to call the locker for the words that you wrote. That's also against the forum rules.

The old forum rules when you signed up was in some respect a little bit tricky to read. The new version that came for over a year ago - is not.

The main reason for the rules is that we don't want this forum to be closed down due to the copyright laws.

Comment

• ctgale
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by cynthia
                  The forum rules are that discussing the process for backing up a DVD that you don't own is against them. It can be tricky some times to know what people really mean.
                  Hence, that is why I am asking jmet why he did not inquire, publically or privately. If he would have asked, I would have told him and everything would have been fine, but since he went off the deep end, he locked up the thread.

If you had wrote 'perhaps the best is to buy another copy' that would have made it clear that you do own the first DVD. In your case - it can be read as you don't own the first DVD. It's tricky.
                  Yeah, I could have stated it differently, but since he didn't ask. Need I go there again. You won't know unless you ask for it. Sure you are going to run into people who will either ignore you or blow smoke.

Even if you do get a closed thread - there is no reason to call the locker for the words that you wrote. That's also against the forum rules.
                  He ask for is because I was mad that I could not back up my purchased movie and for him not to inquire on it was just plain as day screwy.

The old forum rules when you signed up was in some respect a little bit tricky to read. The new version that came for over a year ago - is not.

The main reason for the rules is that we don't want this forum to be closed down due to the copyright laws.
                  Let me say this, I totally support the copyright laws. Movie makers and musicians are being robbed daily, not to mention a few people in between. I have been backing up my movies when someone showed me this as I was getting frustrated in running out and buying another DVD movie because one of my daughters decided to use the DVD as a cup coaster or as a frisbee. Sure they float nice. Shines really nice when the sun hits it just right. But gets just a little scratched when it lands on the pavement. I have found this forum and have referred back to it often for hints on how to back up my movies.

jmet's lack of communication is what gets me as he and I are only human. His refusal to admit and apologize is something I do not accept especially when I know that I am in the right (even partially). I no longer have any intention to read any of his "expertise" in the future.

Comment

• cornholio7
                    Unavailable
                    • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by ctgale
                    Hence, that is why I am asking jmet why he did not inquire, publically or privately.
                    why should he? he did his job, and you posted against the rules

Comment

• Jack Lurker
                      • Jun 2005

I have just re-read your original thread about "Cindarella" and your other thread in this section and I cannot see what you are complaining about. You made a mistake by making a smart crack; ""Any other suggestions.....or ideas (How about I just go out and buy the movie)" which suggests that you have pirated the said movie. This forum in no way condones piracy in any way and therefore your thread had to be locked. Jmet only ever refers to backing up his personally owned DVd's. Now I suggest you let this lie now before you get yourself and more importantly this forum into any more trouble. Sleep on it dude, you may feel diffrent in the morning.
                      Jack

You have a problem? Search the forums, you 'aint the first person to have your problem thats for sure!!
                      There's a bloke called Blutach here somewhere, check out his signature. Loads of useful info in it!

Comment

• ctgale
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2005

Dude,

This morning I was fine until I saw jmet move. No, he did not refer to "backing up his personally owned DVD's".

And it's spelled "Cinderella". not
                        Originally Posted by Jack Lurker
                        "Cindarella"

Comment

• Jack Lurker
                          • Jun 2005

Check out post 12 of your original thread where Jmet says "I backed this movie up with no problems." and post 17 where he says "I backed up "Cinderalla Story" with ease using DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 and DVD Shrink 3.2 ." "Backing up" means that you are making a spare copy of a film you already own. "Maybe I should go out and buy" it means you are ripping off the copyright holders you profess to care so much about. Im bored of this now, people have tried to help you out by giving you good advice but you insist on making things worse for yourself.

I really dont give a damn how it's spelt to be honest
                          Jack

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

to avoid all this drama in the future...new members should be forced to view the rules (especially the ones regarding pirated material before than can post.....
                            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                            Columbo moments...
                            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Aug 2003

"The main reason for the rules is that we don't want this forum to be closed down due to the copyright laws"
                              and you stated that "(How about I just go out and buy the movie)". If you allready owned the movie why would you state this ?

"I no longer have any intention to read any of his "expertise" in the future."

Fine, then drop it and read other ppl's posts.

"My attitude is in check and so is behaviour"

Excuse me I hear the baby crying and I have to go change his diaper

Comment

Working...