• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theluxman
    • Jul 2002

ULEAD vs. Sonic MyDvd

For those of you who have tried both:

Which one is better?

I have sonic mydvd but its too user friendly for my taste. It also seems to take a long time to burn the DVD.

On average, how long does it take to burn 1 DVD with an mpeg-2 movie to a blank dvd-r with a pioneer 104 with ULEAD?
  • vic102482
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

ULEAD ULEAD ULEAD!!!!!

Mydvd is some crap, garbage, a waste of programming code and cpu cycles. Ulead is much more robust and stable, My dvd takes over your whole machine when it is running and all it can do is burn dvds, ULEAD can intake video from a vcr or camcorder and then burn that to a cd,svcd, or dvd. Mydvd hogs up system resorces and cannot do any conversions, Ulead will let you move from MPEG1 to mpeg2 mpeg2 to mpeg 1 avi to mpeg2 mpeg2 to avi, you get the idea. MyDVD is very buggy and hogs alot of system resourses, not to say ULEaD doesnt but it is nothing compared to MyDVD.

ULEAD is the way to go!

Comment

• 69FBody
      • Jul 2002

Re: ULEAD ULEAD ULEAD!!!!!

by ULEAD, do you mean the dvd moviefactory? or the videostudio software, which do I need if I can already capture the video from my camcoder to avi but need to convert and burn it to a dvd?

thanks,
      Marc

Comment

• vic102482
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jan 2002

movie facotry

Movie factory can help you with all that, btu you really are shooting yourself in the foot by not having a capture card that can support realtime mpeg encoding.

Comment

• Vance23
          • Nov 2002

Ulead Ulose

Right now I am down on Ulead

I tired the trial version of MovieFactory. Worked pretty well, although at one point it failed to recognize all the files I had im-orted. So I bought it.

Oh boy!

First there are gliches when you install the commercial version over the trial version. NOTHING ABOUT THIS in documentation, despite many complaints on the ULead Site.

Then, once it is installed you get many more gliches. Won't import other MPEG-2s than those generated in ULead (won't recognize Premier MPEGs).

I lose components of the files too. For instance, music and photos associated wiht menus, suddenly disappear.

And about 50% of the time, the DVD burning process screws up.

Tech support is very poor. (read other reviews of this product; about 50% of the users have given up).

Obviously this product has bugs. Obviously ULead is not supporting it well. When it works it works pretty decently. But be prepared to waste many many hours.

Comment

Working...