Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • axis45
    • Aug 2002

Dvd Towers

Anyone else used a tower system,it's a standalone unit with 1 dvd rom for playing and 3 pioneerao4s for recording,there is no hdd installed and it seems to work with a simple lcd interface,problem is can't get it to go,am I being naieve in thinking I just load the thing up and press go,the literature seemed to suggest I could do just that.
    I've tried various dvds that don't have macrovision as well as cds and filled the other trays with blanks but after initially firing up when the discs are inserted they all fall silent,I've tried various combinations on the interface but nothing-the dvd rom dosen't seem to be actually running, though thre length of the disc is displayed on the interface lcd,[I suspect it may be broken as when it arrived there did seem to be a loose screw rattling inside]
    Any advice appreciated
    John.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Is it purportedly capable of copying commercial DVDs which typically contain CSS copy protection schemes?

Comment

• axis45
      • Aug 2002

Hi,thanks for the reply,no it dosen't purport to override css protection,but I have some dvds that I can copy easily to my vcr,they don't have macrovision,kinda hoping they would copy straight, I realise the cinema release dvds have lots of protection,I guess the question is do virtually all commercially released dvds have css protection,even the ones where they haven't bothered to put on macrovision?
      To a point I can understand the dvd not working but I was more concerned that the cd didn't fire either as I'm pretty sure that has no protection on it .
      Kind Regards
      John

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I guess the question is do virtually all commercially released dvds have css protection,even the ones where they haven't bothered to put on macrovision?"

Yes...

Comment

• axis45
          • Aug 2002

Thanks-I'm off to get a decent computer now.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...