Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slpknt870621345
    • Aug 2002

In Search Of Best DVD-R Media

Hello again everyone... I am trying to find the best DVD-R media for creating backups. I would like to find an inexpensive disc that will playback well on Playstation 2, a wide variety of stand alone dvd players, and a wide variety of dvd roms. I have only experimented with the media that came with my burner plus an extra 5 pack I purchased along with the burner (pretty much generic or housbrand to the site I ordered from). I discovered that if you write at 1X instead of 2X the compadibillity rate increases significantly... or atleast it did for me. Everything I put in my dvd player (stand alone) plays perfectly. But when I took the discs home and tried them on 2 other dvd players, the discs written at 2X would not recognize in the players, but the same exact discs written at 1X starts right up... no problems. I guess wirting speed doesn't really matter to me, just that the discs work and work well. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble... Just thought I'd throw that out there.. So anyone, Please post suggestons for media that has worked well for you and for the above mentioned applications. Thanks.
  • vic102482
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

I have the A03

and at 2x the dvds from cdrecordable.com or cdrecordablemedia.com one of those, works very very well. I have had no problems and even play them back in my ps2

Comment

• cplevel42
      • Jun 2002

1X Cheap but good!

Buying bulk online is always your best bet.

These optodisc DVD-R are good at 1x

Check this one out for 100 pcs spindles of optodisc.

If you go for any of the real cheapie stuff for under a buck, you may run into quality issues. I cant wait until DVD-R is inline with where CD-R is now.
      cplevel42@attbi.com

Comment

• slpknt870621345
        • Aug 2002

So Optodisc works good? I have an optodisc dvd-rw and it seems to work well. I thought maybe their dvd-rs might be as good of quallity as the dvd-rws. I read somewhere that PS2 isn't supposed to play dvd-rw, but that optodisc works great out of my friends PS2 back home... go figure. Ok, Thanks for the info everyone.

Comment

• vic102482
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Jan 2002

yeah

the dvd-rw didnt work in my ps2 although the dvd-r did, the dvd-rw although does work in my xbox.

Comment

• minibanana.com
            • Oct 2002

I checked cdrecordable and they have some expensive media, ritek, mitsui, and verbatim. I'm also looking for media that will be easily read in home dvd players for my backed up movies.

Comment

• malojo
              • Oct 2002

I use my PS2 ( Version 5 Consol ) as dvd-player and for gamebackup. So I have some experiences with DVD-R Media. In Fact, you can use most of the expensive ones. If you use inexpensiv it will be difficult. I testet that Bulkpaq DVD-R are not for ps2. You can play movies, but as further at the laser comes to the end of the disc he plays worse and in the end just jumps only. PS2 Games doesn't start.
              I use Princo V2 Medias ( 2x writeable ) and have no problems, so for PS2 V5 consoles I can recommend it.

Comment

• Dsquorpion
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Oct 2002

optodisc, cheap and effective

Comment

Working...