Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maggot
    • Jun 2002

dvd-r compatability/authoring proggies

i have a question. i can burn dvd-r's and they play fine with my MAGNAVOX standalone when i use SPRUCEUP...but when i lend them out my friends can't play them on theirs.....and they have new ones also by SONY and other brands......i guess my question is .....is there something i'm not doing write when authoring....or is there an authoring program that creates a more campatible DVD-R that will work on most standalones......i thought dvd-r's were pretty compatible on MOST standalones.......
    ~Rich~
  • cplevel42
    • Jun 2002

dvd-r will NOT play on new Sony stand-alones, as they support the plus R format. This is due in part because of the dvd format wars. dvd-r does play on the old sonys that were made before dvd-rs were possible.

DVD-IT, Ulead Workshop, and Moviemaker are very good compatability wise. The dvds that I make with these play on all of my friends players, except for one guy who has a new sony.

I have a friend who just bought a DVD player that plays -R and +R. Pretty cool, but way too expensive. I forgot what brand he said it was.
    cplevel42@attbi.com

Comment

• Deepa DVD
      SuperDuperDVD Productions
      • Mar 2002

Are you burning the final disc with a program like Veritas, Nero,Etc. ? Or the Authoring program?
      Well, I have a new sony settop DVD Player and a one that's aprox 3-4 years old .The 3-4 year old settop can perfectly play DVD-R s but not DVD-RW s.The new one can play both DVD-R & DVD-RW s.
      I don't know about DVD+R s because I dont have A DVD+R burner. I'm talking about name brand media.Well, it might not read cheap media because I never tried it.

Comment

Working...