Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zenpsx
    • Sep 2002

Movie compression

Is there a way to compress a movie so it will fit on a dvd-r disc. Most of the movies I rip (Using smartripper) still come up about 300 meg over the 4.7 so wont fit on a disc. If I cant compress the movie is there a simple way to remove the credits etc to cut the size down. Thanx for any help.
  • Gai
    • Apr 2002

Do you rip just the VOBs from the DVD or are you stream processing it to an .m2v and .ac3 file? If you're ripping the VOB files, you can just create a .d2v file through DVD2AVI, pop it into TMPGEnc, and fiddle around with the settings to lower your movie to a desirable bit rate. 5100 kbits/second usually does it.

Comment

• zenpsx
      • Sep 2002

I have just been ripping the VOB files. Will have a try using your advice. Thanx...

Comment

• oddyseus
        • Sep 2002

if your redundant amount is 300mb u can cut the last cell of the main movie, the credits. Usually they r around 300mb or more of space.

Comment

• nickyct
          • Sep 2002

From Experience. For Video, if the file is bigger than 4.5 gig it's too big to be burnt on 4.7 gig DVD. I believe 4.7 gig is for Data only. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm using Nero to burn the DVD and there's a red line where it tell you if the file is too big and the red line is right where 4.5 gig

Comment

Working...