Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sppmoran
    • Sep 2002

DVD-Video & DVD Rom

Can someone please help me. Im using impression to author a DVD video but i want to be able to have PC data on hte same DVD.

DOes anyone have a proper way of doing it so a setop dvd box will play the film as a normal dvd but on a pc you get the film and th data.

Ive tried writing it in Nero and the pc one works but then the Settop box says bad disc.

Is there a tutorial that someone knows or an easy way of doing it.

Thanks
  • chop
    • Nov 2003

if your using pinical impression you should be able to put your extra data in the extra folder.
    dvd set top boxes look for the video ts folder and thats all they see on the disk...
    dvd roms are usually on computers with dvd playing softwear. this softwear will look for the video ts folder and play the contents regardless of what else is on the disk. therefore the user if they explor the disk will be able to acess the extra data.
    dose this help?

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"Ive tried writing it in Nero and the pc one works but then the Settop box says bad disc."

1) Use NERO in "DVD-Video" mode

2) FIRST (It is critical that this be done FIRST), place all DVD-related files (.IFOs, .BUPs, .VOBs) in the RED "VIDEO_TS" folder

3) Then place all PC-only related data in the root directory (or create an "Extras" directory containing these items - and place the "Extras" directory in the root directory)

4) Burn

Comment

• chop
        • Nov 2003

ok hears what Ive done.
        I have a 4x bruner. impression dosent brun at 4x it can only brun at 2x. (thats what Ive been told)
        so I make my dvd using impression but I brun it using nero.

I havent made any dvds with extras but I will be doing so befor monday so Ill let you how I got on over the weekend.

in nero I set it to dvd and dont bother with the video mode I go to udf mode.
        then just put the video_ts folder on the blank dvd.

Comment

Working...