Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garydavies
    • Oct 2002

Rempeg2 dies at 99%

I've backed up a couple of films now with rempeg 2 that gets to 99% and just sits there all day after i.e. Pearl Harbour + Princess Diaries has anyone else hah this problem and how do i get round it?
  • nickyct
    • Sep 2002

You know what. I have the same problem when I did ET.
    I hit cancel and remux and it back to VOB file anyway and burn it.
    The picture kind of jump toward the end. It happened when the credit start rolling.

This is how I solve it.
    Who needs the credit toward the end anyways.
    So, I split it to two disc mode using IFOedit.
    Split the second disc toward the end (look at the time showing on the last line. there's some guessing involve)

Now my ET disc works perfectly with no credit no menu just movie.

I found this method to be working well with file that slightly over the limit to fit on a dics. By deleting the credit you gain 2 to 3 hundred meg depending on how long the credit it.

Well, hope that helps

Comment

• Kurto2021
      • Apr 2002

you might have been jumping at the end because a lot of copied DVDs will start doing weird things when they start getting to the tail end of the DVD. I have had several files stall out at 99 in ReEmpeg and it works just fine. I have never had the jumping issue and I think it is because I try to keep my file sizes to exactly 4.0gb

Comment

• garydavies
        • Oct 2002

How do you work out 4 gig total size

Comment

• Kurto2021
          • Apr 2002

You can use a bitrate calculator but I don't usually use that I simply use the calculator in windows. All I do is say the audio file is 300mb and my video file is 4.6gb. I will take 4gb subtract the audio file from that which leaves you with 3.7gb. Simply take the 3.7 and divide it by the original size of the video (in this case it is 4.6). You will get somewhere around .80 which means use ReEmpeg on the file and set it to 80%. When ReEmpeg is done I should have a file that is approximately 3.7gb + the audio file and you are at the 4.0 gig size

I use spruce up and when I rip I use smartripper demuxing to extra files

Comment

Working...