Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edyohome
    • Nov 2002

What Am I Doing Wrong?

I've gotten all of my equipment set up or so I thought...Win98, Cyndyne DVD+RW, Ulead Video Studio 6 & DVDMovieFactory, NeroVision Express w/MPEG-2/DVD encoder, ATI All-in-Wonder
    TV/capture card. I'm trying to transfer VHS tape to DVD. The process works but takes 7 HOURS to capture render and convert 2 hours worth of video. Is this right?!?!? Or am I doing something wrong? I've tried capturing in 720x480, 640x480 and 352x240...it still takes 7 HOURS to write 2 hours worth of multimedia to the DVD. I've tried using all three software packages and they all take the same amount of time. What could be wrong. VCD does not take nearly as long but of course VCD is only 20 minutes of video. Nero will not let me write VCD rendered MPEG to DVD. It assumes I am writing to CD. Does anyone have any experience and/or can provide guidance into what is going on? I have a lot of video tape I am trying to convert to DVD and if this is the best the desktop industry has to offer...it'll take a 1000 years to get this done. Any responses would be appreciated. You can also email me @ edyohome@hotmail.com.

thx
Working...