Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cplevel42
    • Jun 2002

Problems copying authored DVD-R in Nero

I'm having problems making straight copies of authored DVD-R on to blank DVD-R using Nero.

I checked to make sure that the source disc works correctly. It does! It plays perfect all of the way through.

I'm using the wizard "quick copy" option.

I'm burning at 1X. Nero tells me that the burn is sucessfull after the session. Then I pop in the copy and it works perfect all the way towards the end where it usually stops or hangs in the last chapter or 2nd to last chapter.

I have used 3 types of DVD-R media. No name, Verbatim, and Mutsui. No luck, just coasters. I used to be able to copies these no problem. I'm not sure what changed.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did you resolve the problem, and if so, how?

Thanks!
    cplevel42@attbi.com
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you run a DVD/CD cleaner on your burner recently? If not, you should try it. Maxell makes one that retails for about $10US (even in MN)...

Comment

• cplevel42
      • Jun 2002

Update

I was using two DVD drives to make the copies. A source DVD drive and a pioneer A04 for the DVD write.

I cleaned the optics on both drives, but still no luck.

I then decided to forget the copy on the fly option in the wizard. I put the source DVD in the Pioneer A04 and copied the .vobs, etc to the Nero project VIDEO_TS folder. Then I removed the source DVD and stuck a blank DVD-R into the A04 and hit "burn".

The disc came out perfect. Why? Anyone have any ideas why this would work better than a copy on the fly using two drives and NOT going to the HD at all.

Maybe the source DVD player I am using is at fault. Its a Pioneer 116. I going to look for a firmware update to see if that might help.
      cplevel42@attbi.com

Comment

• Dsquorpion
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Oct 2002

cplevel

i am having the same problem with doing on the fly copies, so i switched the dvd drives to different ide buses, and going to see how that works,

but u say just copying the files to the video_ts folder works

Comment

• cplevel42
          • Jun 2002

Dsquorpion

Yes! Just choose DVD Video on the main under "DVD", then find your disc on the right side and look in the VIDEO_TS folder and copy all of the files to the VIDEO_TS folder on the left side. When all of the files are moved, click on "burn" and your good to go.
          cplevel42@attbi.com

Comment

• semajjames
            • Aug 2002

"""Just choose DVD Video on the main under "DVD", then find your disc on the right side and look in the VIDEO_TS folder and copy all of the files to the VIDEO_TS folder on the left side. When all of the files are moved, click on "burn" and your good to go."""

is that realy all there is too it , to *copy* a *dvd backup* ??
            do i select multisesion?
            do i verify dvd?
            wot about iso & misc?
            will the new copy still play on a stand alone player & ps2??

thanks 4 moving this thread i really need to know how to do this

Comment

• cplevel42
              • Jun 2002

yep

Yeah, its really that easy, but it has to be a DVD that is 4.2 gig or smaller. This is NOT going to work for DVDs that are dual layered that are bigger than 4.2 gig. Most commercial DVDs these days are unfortunately dual layered, so this really dosent help a bunch for that, plus you will want to remove the css copy protection when ripping the dual layered DVDs. Use DVD Decypter for ripping.

When I started this post, I was refering to the copying of authored DVD-Rs which are single layer and 4.3 gig.
              cplevel42@attbi.com

Comment

• Useless
                • Jan 2003

I used Nero and got 3 perfect burns from it. Now it successfully burns, but results are coasters. I don't use it for DVDs anymore, especially because the lastest version has a bug in the DVD-Video disk that you burn.

Comment

• semajjames
                  • Aug 2002

"but results are coasters." what you mean by coaster's m8?

Comment

• Useless
                    • Jan 2003

It finishes burning fine, but when I try it in the DVD player or PC it says invalid format. I now use Instant CD/DVD.

Comment

• Dsquorpion
                      Gold Member
                      Gold Member
                      • Oct 2002

re: useless

when u were copying movies with nero were u doing on the fly copies, i had a problem copying on the fly and now i create and image and it works fine

Comment

• Useless
                        • Jan 2003

I never burn on the fly. I save to hard drive first just to make sure.

Comment

Working...