Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TonyNap
    • Jan 2003

dvd to dvd-r, won't play in stand alone player

Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Im ripping a dvd title with smart ripper and then burning to dvd-r. Can't get it to play in any stand alone player. Plays just like a dvd in dvd-rom on all computers. What am I missing here. anyone?

Thanks,
    Tony
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

To determine the capabilities of your specific make and model of standalone DVD player, go to:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

Comment

• ronschmidt
      • Jan 2003

I've had the same problem. I solved it by trying several types/brands of media. Suggest you buy a pack of mixed brand media from the net and see which one works in your stand alone. I'e had great sucess with the Ritek dvd-r's

Comment

• bocabob
        • Feb 2003

Howdy all! First time signing on!

Just a heads up! 100 White inkjet Ritek spindle on sale for $79 @ American Digital

I just bought a spindle, and hope they will play on my players!
        I just got a Sony DRU500a, and it hates Maxells... Went through 15 blanks before I figured out to try a new media , And I just did Minoritry report on sony DVD-r, and it plays perfect on PC, but not on any of my home units! (Sony & an Apex!) Maybe I should try Pluses next time!

I 've been through hell this week trying to crash course this new hobby! But I feel I'm over the hump!

Peace!

Comment

Working...