Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ideas_man69
    • Mar 2003

dvd on cd-r?

hey guys. ive just made a short movie, and ive put it into DVD Architect and produced the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders from it.

i can use power dvd and run it perfectly off the hard disk. becuase i dont have a dvd burner, i decided to burn it onto a cd-r instead. it works fine in the computer, but it still detects as a standard cd in a standalone dvd player.

its only a short 5 min film, and theres probably no way of getting it to work on the dvd player (svcd and vcd work fine).

just incase though, is there some software that can burn these files so the dvd player can recognise them??
  • TheWolf
    • Jan 2003

Hi ideas.

Everything you did was fine ... instead of one thing:

You have to use a DVD-R to burn your DVD, not a CD-R.

Your player first of all detects, which kind of Disk is inserted and then, if he detect's it is an DVD, he looks fpr AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. In any other case he doesn't know, what to do.

So, no chance to do it without a DVD-R!

Comment

• SKD_Tech
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2003

Encode it as a VCD/SVCD with TMPGEnc or DVD2SVCD for easy encoding as long as you have a .IFO file

Comment

• ideas_man69
        • Mar 2003

ive found a site which suggests that burning it as a miniDVD will work.

in nero, it said to select CD-ROM UDF mode and it should work.

im going to burn it a few different ways on different cd-rws and ill let u know how it goes.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"ive found a site which suggests that burning it as a miniDVD will work."

Unfortunately, VERY few, standalone DVD players recognize miniDVDs...

Comment

Working...