Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeey
    • Apr 2003

DVD authoring

Is there any program (freeware) that I can use for this?
    A program where u both can insert m2v files and sound files..

OR

wich progam can I use for burning DVD movies from 1 m2v file and 1 wav file...

NeroVision only takes the m2v file, and then the movie is out of sound...

There must be a hundred of u guys who can help me with this =)
    //ARN*

*A Real Newbie
  • TheWolf
    • Jan 2003

Hi mikeey.

Sure are there many prog's for authoring DVD's. Have a look at www.vcdhelp.com (scroll down and search the "tools"-Section on the right side).

I'm NOT using any Freeware for authoring 'cause it seems to be "a hard job" doing all things the right way getting all files for a DVD. Therefore MY favorite Prog is Sonic Foundry's DVD Architect.

Ulead also has something fpr authoring. So have a look!

cu

Comment

• mikeey
      • Apr 2003

ok, tanks!

do you (or anybody) know how to burn a DVD with both a m2v file, a wav file and then also put subtitles on it??

Comment

• TheWolf
        • Jan 2003

Hi again.

First of all you should take in mind, that every DVD only works with MPEG1 or MPEG2 files. Therefore you have to compile your files (avi, m2v, wav or whatever) into one of this formats!

You may be able to import any other file (like yours) but the Prog will recompile these files into MPEG-Files which will take a lot of time (depending on the movie-length).

Although I never worked with subtitles, it is possible to combine them with the movie.

Take a look at vcdhelp.com or at doom9.org. There you'll find a lot of Progs and -too- some "How to do"-Documents.

Comment

• allentron
          • Dec 2001

Ifoedit is great!

It can compile your m2v with almost any sound format.
          Subs are tricky but doable

If you have buffer under-run errors with subs, then post in this thread, I may be able to help.

If i'm missing any info, please say so.

Comment

• mikeey
            • Apr 2003

First: Thank you for the help!

I have made the conversion from DIVX with T MPG Encoder and the program made 2 files:
            1 m2v-file (MPEG2)
            1 wave file
            so that part is done.. =)

I now know all the parts.. using Dazzle DVD Complete.. Wonderful program!

But the question now is, how do I convert a .srt (subtitle file) into a one that is able to put on a DVD?
            Because in DVD Complete u can import subtitles, but I don't know in witch format the files should be.. probably in DVD-format?
            But how do I convert it??

Thanx for all the help!!

Comment

• allentron
              • Dec 2001

First:
              What type of subtitle file does dazzle support

Second:
              Isn't .srt files for scenarist?
              If am not mistaken, srt files are accompanied by bitmap files. Do you have them?

Comment

• mikeey
                • Apr 2003

i don't know what dazzle support, but i suppose that it want's the "real" format.. the same that u can find on a real dvd from a shop... ???

I don't know where the srt file is made from but i use it in my divx player (BSPlayer).. I also have it in smi format and sub format..

I always download my subtitles from divxsubtitles.net

the question is still HOW to convert it to a "DVD-subtitle-format"?
                And I don't know the file extension...

Comment

• mikeey
                  • Apr 2003

Ps.
                  all these subtitle-files that I have is textfiles...

Comment

• allentron
                    • Dec 2001

the way i use subtitles is in Ifoedit

I use "sub2sup" to convert it so that ifoedit can use it

I'd recommend using Ifoedit as the authoring program.
                    Convert your wav to mp2 or ac3 and your .sub subtitle to .sup format.

Comment

• mikeey
                      • Apr 2003

thank you very much allentron (and all u other guys)..

i just have one small (actually big) problem..
                      maby u can help me with this..

I didn't put subtitles on the DVD now in the beginning and tried to burn the movie after authoring it wit dazzle dvd complete (also used spruceUP DVD once)...
                      To burn I used Nero 5.5.9.14 with DVD-plugin (and NeroVision)
                      and I have made 3 DVD's now that don't work

What am I doing wrong???
                      The DVD's won't even show anything in explorer when I put them in the DVD-burner.. and my stand-alone player shows "DISC ERROR"...
                      2 times a burned the DVD's like DVD-Video in Nero, and now the third time I read that it should be DVD/UDF (something) so I tried that with NO result....

What am I suppose to do to get the f*** DVD to work??

This is really bad..

HELP!!

Comment

• TheWolf
                        • Jan 2003

Now me again!

Hi mikeey.

Why not burn your DVD with NERO BURNING instead of NERO-Vision?

In NERO BURNING ROM select DVD and simply drag all Files form your (authored) VIDEO_TS-Folder into the VIDEO_TS-Folder that shows Nero.

I did it several times and it works fine.

Comment

• mikeey
                          • Apr 2003

YES, TheWolf, this is what I'm doing ALL the time..!!
                          And I can't get it to work!!??

WHY??

It's soooo wierd.. I'm not even able to read the DVD in my burner afterwards.. something must be wrong..

Maby some drivers for my Pioneer DVR-105 for XP that i need to download to get it working perfect??

Or can this problem accour when I burn a 1X DVD-R in 2X speed??
                          (Don't know what speed my NoName DVD-R supports)

Someone who knows what I'm doing wrong or has experienced the same thing??

Comment

• TheWolf
                            • Jan 2003

Ok, mikeey, so lets see ....

your Burner -Pioneer DVR-105 is able to write DVD-R/RW. I think you use -R/RW-Discs and not +R/RW's.

Actual firmware-release is: 1.21 . On pioneer's homepage you'll get a firmware-checker and the actual firmware-release.
                            BUT: Flashing the firmware should be on of the last things that you should do.

After authoring your Video you should have two folders:

AUDIO_TS (empty)
                            VIDEO_TS (with ..
                            - VIDEO_TS.BUP
                            - VIDEO_TS.IFO
                            - VTS_01_1.VOB
                            - VTS_01_2.VOB
                            --- and so on

If there is less, something inside your authoring-prog went wrong.

In NERO (latest Release 5.5.10.15a or 5.5.10.20)

- select DVD after the wizzard has started
                            - select new DVD
                            - select other format
                            - select DVD-Video
                            - select ready

Now you should see two Explorer-Windows.
                            Left sideed should be a yellow folder (AUDI_TS) and a red folder (VIDEO_TS).
                            Right sideed navigate to your VIDEO_TS-Folder (with contents written above).
                            Mark all files in that folder and drag them to the red VIDEO_TS-Folder on the left side.
                            NERO now checks all files and brings up an message if those files do NOT match to an DVD.
                            If there's NO Message, be happy and start burning.

Burning: You should take NERO's decission on the burning-speed and never change it to any greater speed!!

IF you get an error from Nero after checking your files, your Authoring-Prog did something, that Nero does not recognize correct. In that case try burning from inside your Authoring-Prog.

You know, I do authoring and burning from DVD Architect, 'cause DVDA creates .vob-Files greater than Nero accepts them!

So try it out, it MUST work in any way. And if not, we'll find a way to bring all things to work.

BTW: I hope you use DVD-RW-Discs for all those tryings?!?!

Comment

• mikeey
                              • Apr 2003

He he he =)
                              No, I'm actually using DVD-R's for all tryings.. but the DVD-R's are probably really bad because they only cost about 25€ for 10-packs..

The burning process I have done exactly like u have said so it's got to be some other problem...

I'm going to get me a good DVD-RW and do all the testing there.. it will probably work on that one and then I can by better DVD-R's to make all the movies..

But.. too bad it didn't work on these I already have..

One more thing..
                              Very strange that my Authoring program "Dazzle DVD Complete" won't burn the DVD when the movie is authored and finnished.. just says that the media size isn't enough or something.. but the whole thing isn't more than 3.3GB...
                              And my burner isn't a choise in the program.. there is no dvd or cd-drivess to choose from at all... hmm?? maybe it doesn't support my pioneer?!...

We'll see with the DVD-RW..
                              Thank you for now... You'll be hearing more from me... =)

Comment

Working...