Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • icebar
    • Apr 2003

DVD authoring with still image

I'm trying to making some kind of slide show with DVD maestro.
    But there's some problem. I have to use lots of picture (about 4,000) and slide show must have back ground music. It's whole playing time is about 20 hours. My picture source is JPG, and sound is MPEG2.
    I imported all picture and BGM to maestro. But when I compiled it, BGM doesn't synchronize with slide show. I tried serveral times and it seems maestro have some sound sync bug.

So I decided make m2v and try other authoring tool. I used Premiere and Vegas(from sonic foundry) to make m2v with that pictures. But exported file(m2v) is too big. Bigger than compiled file from maestro.

Is there any tool that make m2v with still pictures? Or any option for making small m2v with Premiere?

ps. sorry for my poor english.. Actually I'm not a english user
  • jobee
    • Feb 2003

I think you can use Photo2VCD Professional (http://www.photo2vcd.com) to burn your slide show directly on a VCD/SVCD format video CD. This CD can be played on most of standalone player. Transition effects & background music are also supported in the software. You even let it to synchnorize the audio & video directly. It's a very great tool.

Comment

• arky_123
      • Jan 2003

you can set the default slide duration in either Premiere or Maestro, so this shouldn't be a problem. However, I'm not sure what Maestro actually does with the stills - whether it encodes them to the specified duration, or if it simply encodes them as single MPEG frames and tells the player to pause for X-seconds per still (I think it is the latter, which would explain the difference in file size. Let's face it - there's no way you could fit 20hrs of MPEG onto one DVD-R!)

If you want to set the default duration-per-still in Maestro, go to File>preferences>project settings (please bear in mind that I don't have Maestro to hand at the moment, so you'll have to forgive me if I am not 100% accurate on this!).

Cinemacraft SP (not Basic) is also capable of creating an MPEG stream from still pictures, but the best method would be to just use Maestro.

Arky ;o)
      Last edited by arky_123; 4 May 2003, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Working...