• Show
Clear All
  • eccentricbeats
    • Mar 2003

Lord of The Rings TTT Authoring Problem

I have the following two files:

ttt-cd1-fixed.avi
    ttt-cd2-fixed.avi

I was using tmpgenc to try to convert cd2 into a mpg format. When I followed all the steps it said that this file would be greater than 4 gig's, I know that DVD can store more than 4 gig's but I've heard that the authoring software fills up the space from 4 gigs on.

Also I noticed that the program said that cd2 was 247 minutes long, which in fact is wrong, the whole movie is that long, is the program thinking that I have both files right now? Also when I did go ahead and try to process the file I got image for the first 10 seconds and then a black screen from there on out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, also is there a faster way to turn xvid,divx, and avi's straight to playable dvd video?
  • TheWolf
    • Jan 2003

Ok, let's see:

1. Which version of TMPEG are you using? I heard, that older version's should have problems calculation the correkt size. Aktual version should be 2.510.

2. Do you re-render the file into DVD-format (720x752 PAL or 720x480 NTSC)? In that case the size will grow up very high. So, if your authoring prog accepts any other resolution, try that.
    Then let TMEPG render only about 10% of the film and look at the MPEG-File. You now can calculate, how large the complete file nearly will be.

3. Load your 2nd avi into VirtualDub. Set AUDIO and VIDEO to "direct stream copy" and than "Save as avi....". Load this file into TMPEG. Sometimes the last frame is broken. Therefore TMPEG "see's" such a large Movie, although it isn's that large.

Comment

• gd_nimrod
      • Nov 2002

That version of LOTR:TTT is somewhat corrupted...
      Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
      http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
      http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

Working...