X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enrique
    • Jan 2003

Scenarist doesn't see DTS sound file

Hi Guys

I'm using Scenarist Pro, and for the first time I've tried to register or import a DTS audio asset ending in ".dts", and Scenarist doesn't accept it.
    I know it's supposed to accept DTS assets, but I can't seem to find the way.
    Any tips will be appreciated
    Regards
  • arky_123
    • Jan 2003

what version are you using?

I think it must be 2.6 or above (officially), although I seem to recall that version 2.5 would actually allow it despite saying it wouldn't.

Arky ;o)

Comment

• Enrique
      • Jan 2003

I'm using 2.6. I finally had it accept a DTS stream a client sent me, but it would not accept a DTS ripped from a DVD. Might it be that I ripped it on the Mac and transferred later to the PC? I tried changing the file extension from .dts to the same extension of the valid file, but...no cigar.
      BTW, I ripped the DVD with DVDExtractor on the Mac.
      Best to you

Comment

• arky_123
        • Jan 2003

Regrettably, this exceeds my knowledge on this topic

I can only suggest that you try ripping the DTS file again using a PC. It is just possible that, although the original DTS file is compatible with any DVD software, be it MAC or PC, it may have had a different file header written to the beginning of the stream when it was ripped to your MAC HDD.

By the way, when you said:

Originally posted by Enrique
        I tried changing the file extension from .dts to the same extension of the valid file, but...no cigar.
        ...what did you mean that you 'changed' the file extension - what did it say before you changed it??

I'm sorry I can't be of more help - believe me, I really would like to help you more.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Arky ;o)
        Last edited by arky_123; 5 May 2003, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Enrique
          • Jan 2003

I guess you're right about the file headers on the Mac. I'll try ripping on my PC and see if I get a compatible DTS file.
          I'll keep you posted.
          Best to you

Comment

Working...