Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dunkel3d
    • Apr 2003

VOB files -----> new project

Hi, I want to combine my two DVD showreels. I don't see mpeg2 video clips anywhere in the disks. Does anyone know if it is possible to import VOB files from a dvd into a new project in a way that wont degrade the image?

Sarah
  • dunkel3d
    • Apr 2003

Copy protection

I should add that these dvds are my personal projects, not copy protected. I just don't feel like going throught the entire editing, compressing process necessary to output a showreel since I have two perfectly fine dvds which I can hopefully combine into one Title.

Sarah

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

Do you have two dvd's that you wish to re-author on one dvd?

If so, rip the files from both dvd's join them using IFOEDIT or any other software of your choice, and then burn them using a dvd burning program such as NERO or Recordnowmax.

Also, please refrain from crossposting---it is against forum rules.

Comment

• dunkel3d
        • Apr 2003

Sorry about the double posting. Won't happen again.

Yes, I have two showreels on two separate dvds, each with its own set of menus and chapters. What I want to do is, simply, rip the raw video clips (2 minutes each) and create a new DVD as a compilation of all my work. With new updated menus and chapters, of course. I use Ulead DVD Workshop to author and it won't let me import VOB files.

Sarah

Comment

• dunkel3d
          • Apr 2003

In addition

I should add that both DVDs have the same structure: animated playpage, Menu1, showreel clip, menu2 (chapters). All I want is the showreel clip excluding the menus and play page in order to create a new title.

Sarah

BTW, It is important that I don't degrade the quality of the image because I will be using the DVDs to dub over to vhs tapes.

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

Using a ripping program you can select what to rip, then make sure you create the proper dvd structure and then burn.

Comment

• dunkel3d
              • Apr 2003

Will my ripped clip influence a proper dvd structure if I intend to plug it into a new DVD project all together? Meaning that I will create an entirely new title.

Sarah

Comment

• Batman
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Jan 2002

Yes.

The burning program should notify you of any missing files, make sure you can play the files you ripped as a dvd in a software dvd player such as POWERDVD.

Comment

• royrose
                  • Apr 2003

The new program "TMPGEnc DVD Author" will take VOBs from multiple sources and create a new menu structure without altering the video in the VOBs. It is much easier than demuxing and then reauthoring.

Your imported VOBs can either be combined into one track (with you then setting chapter points) or can be imported as separate tracks that will appear in the main menu list.

I think that if you combine them into one track, then the program makes them into one new VOB.

Video quality is not altered or degraded.

There may be other programs that do this but I have not found or experienced them.

Roy
                  Last edited by royrose; 2 May 2003, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...