X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weson
    • May 2003

Which dvd menu software choose???

If possible in french the software !!!
    I try My dvd from sony but we can't move the text area and the button is on the center of the screen so it's bad..
    help needed please....
  • GummyB
    • Apr 2003

Available?

The good ones on your list are not available in local stores though.

Comment

• arky_123
      • Jan 2003

I'm sorry it's not in French, but the best value for you would be DVDlab

Demo download

Demo download (Mirror)

For the money, there is nothing else anywhere near as powerful and flexible, and I believe the software will continue to get better as it is developed by 'Oscar'. He's very keen to add features, and to see the program succeed against the competition. There is also a support forum for the program.

Don't forget that you would need a seperate software MPEG encoder, because, unlike Ulead DVD Workshop, DVDlab does not include an MPEG encoding plugin. This is a good thing though, because it makes the prgram cheaper, and you can spend some of what you save on the encoder of your choice. For encoding, I would strongly recommend Cinemacraft Encoder Basic, or TMPGEnc Plus. My preference (specifically for DVD Authoring) is Cinemacraft, because it produces comparable quality to anything else on the market, is extremely fast, and is excellent value.

If you add the cost of Cinemacraft and DVDlab together, and see what you get for your money in comparison to ANY other DVD-authoring solution on the market, you'll see that even though it's not in French, you can't beat this software combination in the current marketplace.

Arky ;o)
      Last edited by arky_123; 21 May 2003, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• mrbass
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Jun 2002

I found this guide surfing the net
        it shows how to use dvd2dvd-r with CCE and author and burn main movie only in DVDLab
        Here’s my DVD2DVD-R guide…thanks to wayned for hosting it. Download DVD2DVD-R 1.81 DVD2DVDR_181.exe [5.55MB] released January 14, 2004. It’s been like 6 months or so but tons of people keep hitting this url so I […]
        www.mrbass.org DVDShrink | DVDFAB | InstantCopy | DVD2DVD guides

Comment

• caskater4
          • Jun 2003

I first tried DVDit! because it came with Premiere 6.5. I found it to be a completely useless piece of crap. So then i searched around, tried TMPGEnc DVD Author and it didn't allow me to make any menu's with animated backgrounds or sequences(retarded!). So I searched longer and found DVD-Lab. By far the best program I have seen yet. Everything I wanted to accomplish I was able to, and it didn't take me very long to figure it out either. I definitely would agree with arky that it is the best choice.

Comment

• GummyB
            • Apr 2003

But DVD-Lab has a few serious bugs. One of my biggest problem is no audio when played on a DVD player. The audio is there when the DVD is played on the PC. Their FAQ notes this bug and that you can change the player setting, but it does not work for me. I've tried it in three different player already. Sure, I can use other tools to recompile the VOB, but that makes the process too long. This software was designed so that you can drag and drop VOB files, but the audio bug screws it up.

Also, each movie must be contained in one VOB file or it will not compile. Programs like DVDShrink does not have a option to change the VOB size and it automatically splits the file into 1GB segments.

Comment

• weson
              • May 2003

dvd lab does not support divx file so it's not very inyeresting

Comment

• arky_123
                • Jan 2003

@ GummyB: Yes, you are right about serious bugs, and I do not deny it - DVDlab is a work-in-progress, which, admittedly, is a little tedious for early adopters, but nevertheless, it WILL have the bugs ironed out, and is continually being developed by Oscar, which is more than can be said for many other companies who wait months, if not years, before releasing updates.

Seriously, if you look at LEGAL ownership of any of the DVD authoring programs out there, and see which is the best value, in terms of the authoring power it offers, I think DVDlab is close to the top of the tree.

@ weson: your comment "dvd lab does not support divx file so it's not very inyeresting" is utterly bizarre to me! We are in a DVD-authoring forum, discussing the most suitable software for DVD-authoring, and DVDlab is specifically designed for...wait for it..DVD authoring. Why on EARTH do you criticise it for not supporting Div-X?!? No offence, but you are clearly in the wrong forum thread, with comments like that.

Arky ;o)

Comment

• weson
                  • May 2003

it's ok you're completly right but i don't know were i can find this information and i would like to put 3 films ex red dragon - silente of tj lambs and hannibal on the same dvd with a menu for the selection so if somme body can help me....

Where ever i am not in the good threat

Comment

• GummyB
                    • Apr 2003

I'll wait then

I'm willing to pay up to $150 for a program like DVD-lab if it's easy to use and don't have any serious bugs. But right now, I won't give them the money. I know that there are free stuff out there that have no serious bugs but are too time consuming to use. Those program don't work for me as I do have too much time. Once they fix the VOB file size and audio problem, I'll be one of the first to pull out my wallet.

Comment

• arky_123
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by weson
                      it's ok you're completly right but i don't know were i can find this information and i would like to put 3 films ex red dragon - silente of tj lambs and hannibal on the same dvd with a menu for the selection so if somme body can help me....

Where ever i am not in the good threat
                      Well, I presume you are speaking of PC-only playback, and not wishing to also play it on a Kiss Div-X compatible standalone machine. If it's PC only, then you could take a look at this:

which will DEFINITELY do what you need to do.

I'm not saying it's the only option, but it's extremely powerful, and is the closest thing you'll get to a DVD-like menu system for multiple Div-X files on one DVDR.

Arky ;o)

Comment

• arky_123
                        • Jan 2003

Re: I'll wait then

Originally posted by GummyB
                        I'm willing to pay up to $150 for a program like DVD-lab if it's easy to use and don't have any serious bugs. But right now, I won't give them the money. I know that there are free stuff out there that have no serious bugs but are too time consuming to use. Those program don't work for me as I do have too much time. Once they fix the VOB file size and audio problem, I'll be one of the first to pull out my wallet.
                        That'll be just a matter of time, then

Oscar is working extremely hard on ironing out the bugs in the program as fast as he can.

Arky ;o)

Comment

Working...