Frozen VOB, Now Frozen MPEG-2, Bad MP3 streammm...Life is good.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkmo0d
    • May 2003

Frozen VOB, Now Frozen MPEG-2, Bad MP3 streammm...Life is good.

Thanks for your assistance re: Frozen VOB. However, it was not successful. Apparently there is an error in file which for some reason decodes fine in a "player" situation. I've been playing around with some of Sonic Foundry's tools and there is a very vague "There was an error opening the codec. Process stopped." And this occurs at the time the VOB files froze. For some reason the bad stream played fine when I followed your template and built the singular mpeg2 file...but the mpeg2 file froze at the point where I had joined the avi's. I am willing to wager if i can figure out how to repair this 96kbps mp3 stream(The stream is perfect on the second avi and I was able to convert it to a wav to facilitate tinkering) I can use Vegas to resynch the streams and create a new file. If anyone could suggest a tool to open or repair a bad mp3 stream attached to an avi...the file does play through okay in WM9 and WinDVD's players...that would be wonderful
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

It might provide more insight if you would provide some specific information regarding the first (problem audiostream) .AVI as follows:

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

Working...